Monday 24 May 2010

A Quiet Weekend.

I hope you all enjoyed the lovely weather over the weekend.It was a quiet weekend at our house,Jodie stopped at Uni and Paige was at her friends all weekend.I don't enjoy the peace and quiet and really missed them not been here.It was too nice to sit in my craft room so I settled myself in the garden and caught up with some reading.
On Saturday afternoon I did a demo at Sunrise Crafts in Wombourne on how to make handmade flowers using punches and nestabilities.Here's a card I did using the flowers I made from this tutorial.


The double-sided  papers I used are the new 7gypsies Avignon range and the border punch is my favourite Martha Stewart Floral Vine deep edge punch.All the items I used on the card are from Sunrise Crafts.
I've been doing a bit of new stash buying in the last week and couldn't resist the new Hero Arts Clings stamp called Make Your Own.It reminds me of my Gran when I use to go to her house when I was a little girl and rummage through her button tin and sewing patterns.I couldn't wait to use it and here is the card I did with it.


The papers I used were from Cosmo Cricket Material Girl Mini Deck.The 6x6 Mini Deck paper stacks are perfect  for cardmaking as the pattern is scaled down so it looks more in propotion on a card.The brown fabric rose is  Webster's Pages Bloomers.The little tag is a new stamp set from Stampin'Up called Tiny Tags and I used it with the Medium Jewelry Tag punch which coordinates with the stamps.
Back Soon
xxxxDebxxxx

3 comments:

Lisa said...

those sparkly white flowers are divine! Did you make them???
Great cards as ever - love the sewing theme of the second - right up my street.

Anonymous said...

love you stuff deb. as always :) have been reading your blog but not been leaving comments, but know that i'm here and loving your stuff!! ohh, Glee!! got to go!!

Deb Hickman said...

Yes I made the flowers.They are really easy and cheap to make as long as you don't mind waiting for them to dry overnight.I added the glitter when they were dry or you could spray them with Tattered Angel glimmer mist.It's worth making a batch in different colours so you have always got some ready to use.

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...