Wednesday 18 June 2014

Yarn Along......a quick update.

Hello, I'm back with a quick post as I don't have too much knitting to share, this week. I finished my On the Pier shawl, that I'll show you on Friday.

I bought this beautiful gradient yarn from Eaden Yarns, isn't it a beautiful colour? The delivery was super quick, I saw that she was having a shop update on Sunday so I stalked her shop and bought it on Sunday evening and I received it yesterday!!!

I'm test knitting the Pebble Beach Shawlette by Helen Stewart of Curious Handmade which was the winning design of the Unwind Brighton Design Competition. It's a beautiful crescent shape lace shawl, very elegant for those evening walks along the beach. It will be printed in the Unwind programme for attendees at the event and then will be released on Ravelry on Monday 14th July, there's going to be a Knit Along so keep your eyes out for that.

I've done a few more rows on my Garter Stitch Baby Blanket, I would say that I'm a third of the way through it, this is good car knitting, so tend to knit on it if we are traveling.

I'm on the third clue of the Pavillion Socks, which is the last clue. I've never taken part in a mystery KAL and with each clue, I tried to second guess what was coming next. It turned out totally different to what I had in my mind especially the last clue, the foot. I've really enjoyed knitting them and love the pattern.

I've started reading Paris by Edward Rutherfurd and throughly enjoying it, I don't usually read pre-1900's historical novels but as it's about Paris my favourite city, I couldn't resist. I've really got into the characters and all the history that goes with this sweeping saga which goes back as far as the 1300's. If you enjoy history and Paris, I highly recommend this book. I'm linking to Ginny's Yarn Along and Tami's WIP Wednesday.

Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your week.

xxxxDebxxxx

 

 

 

 

 

16 comments:

Joy said...

I'm loving those gorgeous stripes Deb - you do keep yourself busy don't you! Happy days, Joy xo

Unknown said...

Just popped in from Tamis Amis :) Love the colours in the baby blanket - really cheerful! xx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Such beautiful colors!!!!!!!

Caffeine Girl said...

I am just loving that baby blanket. The colors are so cheerful.

Thanks for the book recommendation. It sounds like a good one.

Reading In The Violets said...

Love the baby blanket. Such lovely stripes and Ooooo..I am just loving gradient yarn right now and love the color of yours!!! Might just have to sneak a few more gradient yarns into my stash.

Melissa Marie said...

I love the blanket. The colors are beautiful! Happy Knitting! :)

Babajeza said...

I love your baby blanket. I need something to knit in the car .... Holidays in the near future. ... :-)

Unknown said...

I love love your new shawl Deb, that shade of seagreen is just so pretty and absolutely perfect for a walk along the beach! Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Anonymous said...

Oh that color of shawl is a beautiful color.

It is the number on color going even in clothes and the other is a green of many greens while I was away.

Amy at love made my home said...

Glad that you are enjoying all of your projects. I look forward to seeing the mystery socks!! xx

Jordyn said...

Loving all the colors! And that project bag is just darling!

steph said...

such a colorful post1 I'm loving each project!!! I started Paris a while ago....decided it was too fat to actually carry with me to Paris, and haven't picked it back up.....i need to. i was really enjoying it,too! thanks for the reminder.

CathieJ said...

I love the Eaden yarn and the shawl pattern. I will be on the lookout for it. Please remind us when it is released. Your baby blanket is so cheerful and pretty.

Jo said...

Always love to catch up with your knitting Deb, Lovely shawl. Jo x

Stefanie said...

That shawl yarn is gorgeous. Love that. Love the garter stitch blanket too. It's so bright and cheery.

Nicole said...

Oh Deb your garter stitch blanket really caught my eye, I adore the colours! I don't think I can ever get enough of garter stitch blankets!

What do you plan to do with the ends? When I made one for my friends baby I had to sew on a fabric border because I couldn't get the ends to stay sewn in, but I'd prefer a knitted or crocheted border :)

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...